Here is one of my latest photo manipulations and a lesson in sometimes these types of work go in directions that you had not originally planned! I had shot a small mini portrait session with my wife back in November with the intent of making this piece more of a horror piece rather than a surreal type one. In the end I decided that going towards a surreal piece was more my style and the image morphed into this! I did create a horror image from the original shot but I abandoned several hours of work in favor of this. I just was not crazy about my original concept but I liked how this one came out! This one took quite a bit of time to complete…Two textures were used from lostandtaken.com for the background and the image of my wife had over 30 layers for the break apart effect in her face. I made some corrections in Lightroom blending in a black and white version of the portrait into a color one to get the unique coloring on my wife’s face. Lastly I brushed in the paint spatter effect and called this one complete! These works are painstaking for me at this point as I am getting better with the Photoshop techniques involved but at the same time I am building a library of my own brushes and making these is time-consuming as well.